Step One: The Mortgage Application
Contact Me or schedule an appointment to understand the requirements to see which type of mortgage is best suited for you.
More often than not, I will ask to see the following documents:
- Employment information.
- Current mortgage information (if applicable).
- Assets and liabilities.
- Credit report (and/or authorization for one) and basic information such as name, address, SIN number and birthdate.
- Employment Verification: A current Letter of Employment and pay stub. You may also be asked to provide 2 year of T4s or Notice of Assessments for further history. If you own a business, be prepared to provide the last 3 years of Revenue Canada Notice of Assessments and possibly financial statements.
- Sale Agreement for your current home and mortgage statement (if applicable).
- Purchase agreement (if applicable).
- MLS listing (if applicable).
- Confirmation of your down payment.